We’ve been a band for a whole year! To celebrate, we’re releasing ‘Nando’s’ as a single, with this video (described by TheGirlsAre magazine as “brilliantly bonkers”!).
You can download the track from wimmins.bandcamp.com
The birthday celebrations continue at our next gigs:
That’s not to say that members of The Wimmins’ Institute are lazy. Far from it! We’re all hard-working wimmins, with jobs and kids and relationships and other bands and all sorts of fingers in pies. We’d love to bundle into a car and tour the UK, playing pubs in every town, crashing on floors … but that kinda tour is for girls. We wimmins need a bit more space in our diaries, so here’s what the start of our lazy UK tour looks like …
More dates and towns to be added … if we get around to it!
Dead excited to be playing London’s legendary 100 Club stage, supporting the legendary Monochrome Set! Get your tickets here – https://agmp.ticketabc.com/events/the-monochrome-set/
This Saturday we’re playing the most exciting gig ever. For several reasons …
- it’s the first headline show for Dream Nails, who are the most awesome band in the world – fact. Watch out for their debut EP coming very soon
- it’s a LOUD WOMEN show – our Cassie’s women-led music night, which is taking the world by storm
- it’s at the Veg Bar in Brixton, South London’s grooviest new venue, serving damn tasty vegan food … but most importantly
- Jen Denitto will be playing a set of Linus songs, along with fellow ex-Linus members
Deb van der Geugten and Charley Stone. Kinda a reimagining of Linus – because of course Jen, Deb and Charley were never in the band at the same time, there’ll be no Tammy, and of course no Andy.
For those who need reminding … Linus formed in 1992 and were considered to be
amongst the first seminal riot grrrl bands, playing alongside ban
ds like Huggy Bear,
Bikini Kill, Skinned Teen, and Hole. Not much of their music exists online now (try explaining that to anyone under 35!), but here’s a few reminders …
More info on Linus:
See you at the Veg Bar!
We’ve been working on a few new songs – come and hear them! We’re playing two very different London gigs in February, both sides of the river …
- Saturday 5th Feb – we’re supporting Beki Bondage’s Vice Squad, at Tottenham’s T.Chances
- Saturday 13th Feb – we’re playing a ‘V-Day Ball’ at Brixton’s Veg Bar with the amazing Dream Nails, plus our very own Jen, Deb and Charley will be playing a set of Linus songs
MOJO magazine added this song to their playlist this month – thanks MOJO!
Here’s the track, if you’ve not heard it yet …
While you’re at it, though, you may as well buy the whole album for just £5.99!
Mansplaining is the first track to be released from our debut album, Badass Lady Power Picnic. CD just £5.99 plus £1.50 P&P within the UK
The Wimmins’ Institute debut album Badass Lady Power Picnic launches 27 November 2015.
Launch party & The Bread and Roses pub, Clapham, with special guest Grace Petrie.
Video for the first single, Mansplaining, coming soon … keep an eye out on God is in the TV for the exclusive first view.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for news.